Haven Campaign reaches 50% of construction goal in just four (4) months
In its first four months of its campaign, the Every Child Deserves a Home Steering Committee chaired by Susan Salter reached 50% of the construction goal.
Twenty-eight (28) of the fifty-six (56) naming opportunities have been claimed.
Susan Salter, Campaign Chair commented,
“The Steering Committee has been doing an exceptional job of connecting with the community. Conway is again demonstrating that it is truly caring and supportive.
“The response to our campaign is very positive. Reaching the 50% mark in four months puts us right on track. Our goal is to finish the naming phase by the end of September 2017, then launch a public campaign so that we can begin construction in November 2017 and have occupancy in August 2018.
“Haven placed second statewide among mid-sized charitable organizations on Arkansas Community Foundation Arkansas Gives Tuesday. $133,979.70 was donated to Haven on that single day.”
Susan Salter and the Haven Steering Committee wish to thank the early donors to the campaign for their support of the new “forever home:”
- Property at Country Club and Tyler – Jim and Joanna Rankin
- Reception/Waiting Area – Gene and Susan Salter
- Conference Room – Chris and Minette Throneberry
- Professional Counseling Office – Chris and Jennifer Crain
- Main Staff Office – Todd and Kristie Ross
- Director’s Office – Centennial Bank
- Store – Hawks Family Foundation
- Covered Back Porch – Haven Board of Directors (Alicia Brown, Alica Brown, Danielle Burnell, Robin Cunningham, Holly DeBoard, Tanya Ford, Brad French, Linda Glover, Linda Hargis, Andy Harris, Taylor May, Sarah Parsley, Alison Wish)
- Basketball Court – Michael Tullis
- Visitors’ Entrance – Lori Quinn and Velda Lueders
- Quiet Space #1 – Laureate NU Chapter of Beta Sigma Phi
- Mudroom – Jackie Bracey, Jimmie Burnette, Alicia Kunert & Beth Milligan
- Staff Entrance – Malvern National Bank
- Phone Booth #1 – Steve and Sandra Schrekenhofer
- Front Patio – Bill and Susan Farris
- Back Porch #2 – Don and Molly Steely
- Pharmacy – David and Shirley Smith (Smith Family Pharmacy)
- Computer/Study Room – Bunny & Carol Adcock (Adcock Family Foundation)
- Phone Booth #2 – Nancy Crisp-Williams and Traci Williams-Smith
- Quiet Space #2 – Brent & Ashley Salter, Dr. Jason & Jessica Havard, Blake & Jennifer Day and Dr. Lensey & Felissa Scott
- Assistant Directors Office – Nabholz Foundation
- Therapist Office – Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Game Room – Dale and Cheryl Bruns and Ray and Ginger Johnson
- Bedroom #1 – Arkansas Gives Day
- Bedroom #2 – The Stiles Family and First Service Bank
- Covered Portico – Kenne and Cathy Ketcheside Family
- Visitor Parking Lot – First Security Bank
- Central Hallway – Rogers Group
Why a new Haven home?
The “forever” Haven House at Tyler and Country Club will replace the current residential facility that served adolescent girls for the past twelve (12) years. The new home will be a commercial grade residential facility.
Counseling Associates and Conway Junior Auxiliary launched Haven in 1986 to support adolescent girls in foster care. Haven was the first Conway shelter. It has a thirty-year history of helping foster children transition to responsible citizens. The home has a licensed capacity for twelve girls. Haven serves as many as seventy (70) girls annually.
The new home will also allow Haven to support a new program in which up to four (4) “aged out” young women, who are over age 18, can transition to independent living from their foster care experience. There will be rooms and programs to aid them in preparing for their successful adult life.
Learn More about Every Child Deserves a Home campaign…
Visit the campaign website, www.havenconway.org, to see the named rooms and the remaining spaces available to be named.